Thanks for your interest in joining Baltimore Abortion Fund as a volunteer! We're currently recruiting for Volunteer Case Managers and Practical Support Volunteers. More information about each of those roles is below.
Submit an application using our volunteer interest form to share a little more about yourself, your interests, and why you want to volunteer with BAF.
Volunteer Case Manager
Volunteer Case Managers will conduct calls, collect and organize caller data, draft correspondence, and make financial commitments to callers on behalf of the Baltimore Abortion Fund.
The Volunteer Case Manager (VCM) role is fully remote. Applications will be open through November 12th with interviews happening on a rolling basis. Training for new VCMs will take place in December 2023; shifts start in January 2024.
Due to the sensitive and urgent nature of our Funding Warmline, becoming a VCM requires a commitment of one shift per month for 4 months. VCMs do approximately 10-12 hours of work spread across either a three or five day shift. VCM work is to be completed between 8 am and 8 pm, Monday through Saturday, depending on the shift.
Practical Support Volunteer
Practical Support Volunteers (PSVs) drive clients to and from their appointments at abortion clinics throughout the state.
Training for PSVs happens 3-4 times per year; the next training will be held in December. We are accepting applicants who live anywhere in Maryland, and will prioritize applicants with weekday availability between 7 am and 5 pm. PSVs must have access to a car, as well as a valid license and car insurance.
- Case managers to help coordinate our warmline
- Volunteers who speak another language to help with written and spoken translations
- People with experience in communications, fundraising, law/policy, web/graphic design
- Practical support drivers to help transport callers to and from their appointments
- Practical support translation assistants to provide in person interpretation
- Practical support childcare providers to ensure parents have access to abortion care