The Baltimore Abortion Fund offers free emergency contraception (Plan B)!
Emergency contraceptive (EC) pills prevent pregnancy within 1-5 days of unprotected sex; they are most effective when taken as soon as possible. EC is not an abortion pill; it can prevent pregnancy, but it cannot terminate an existing pregnancy. You can learn more about emergency contraception and how it works here.
Emergency Contraceptive Kits (EC Kits) include:
- 1 Plan B emergency contraceptive
- 2 pregnancy tests
- 4 condoms
- 1 packet of water-based lube
- Instructions for use
- There is no age or gender limitation to order.
- Clients can request one kit per household in a 30-day period.
- We are currently shipping EC Kits to Maryland residents in all counties and Baltimore City.
Cost & delivery
- EC Kits are free, and there is no postage fee.
- Supplies are mailed in a discreet padded poly mailer to ensure privacy.
- Kits are shipped once a week; all orders received by 5 pm on Tuesday will be mailed that week. Requests received after that time will be mailed the following week.
- Example: An order placed on Thursday at 3 pm would be mailed the following week.
- One kit per household in a 30-day period.
- If more than one person within a household needs an EC Kit, please email [email protected].
If you need emergency contraceptives more often than we can supply them to you, you can reach out to your local federally-funded birth control clinic. These clinics provide free emergency contraceptives and birth control to people of any age. You can find your nearest clinic on the HHS website.
If you have questions about our Emergency Contraceptive Kits, please email us at [email protected].