We appreciate you putting your time and effort into raising funds for abortion access! Here are some useful resources to help you get started:
- How to Fundraise for BAF: Your step by step guide to throwing an awesome fundraiser!
- Say This, Avoid That: How to use accurate, empowering, and stigma-busting language to talk about abortion.
- Fundraising Event Interest Form: Have questions, want us to promote your event on our social media accounts, or want someone from BAF to attend? Fill out this short form with information, and we'll let you know if we can help!
- Upcoming Fund-a-Thon events: Want to attend an event organized by BAF or a peer fundraiser? Check out our Fund-a-Thon page.
Quick Tips for Fundraising
We want to make sure we’re intentional in the language we use around abortion (i.e. "people" rather than "women" to be inclusive of all folks who get abortions), and would ask anyone fundraising in our name to do the same.
Here is recommended language for your event page:
Proceeds from this event benefit the Baltimore Abortion Fund. BAF is a nonprofit organization that provides financial and practical support to all people who live in or travel to Maryland for their abortions. Learn more at baltimoreabortionfund.org.
If you'd like to include any other information about how BAF/abortion access is important to you, we ask that you follow this language guide.
Sharing your event on social media? Please tag us!
- Facebook: facebook.com/BaltimoreAbortionFund
- Twitter: twitter.com/BaltimoreFund
- Instagram: instagram.com/baltimorefund
How To Donate Proceeds
After your fundraiser is over, you can use any of the following methods to make your donation:
- Mail a check made payable to Baltimore Abortion Fund to 822 Guilford Avenue #1864, Baltimore, MD 21202.
- Make an online donation at baltimoreabortionfund.org/donate