Candidates must reside in Maryland, have a valid driver's license, and own or have regular access to a vehicle.
- Position Type: 1-year contract with robust health, dental, vision and leave benefits
- Shift: Tuesday-Saturday. This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours each week.
- Expected Start Date: October 3, 2022
- Reports to: Director of Resource Coordination
The position will remain open until filled. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis after August 1, 2022.
ABOUT BALTIMORE ABORTION FUND
The Baltimore Abortion Fund (BAF), founded in 2014, is a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to individuals who live in or travel to Maryland for abortion care. BAF is part of the National Network for Abortion Funds, which includes over 70 independently operated funds across the United States supporting the reproductive health decisions of their callers. BAF operates a confidential helpline and makes financial commitments to fill the gap between what callers can afford and the full cost of their procedures, connects callers to practical support resources, and provides information on how to access abortion care. Using an intersectional reproductive justice lens, BAF works to dismantle white supremacy by removing systemic barriers people face when accessing abortion care. BAF also actively works to reduce abortion stigma within Maryland and participates in the broader conversations shaping local and state-wide policy affecting our callers. Learn more about our impact here.
BAF seeks a Client Engagement Coordinator (CEC) to support the development and implementation of a client follow-up strategy, and assist the Resource Coordination Team.
50% Client Engagement & Follow Up
- Collaborating with the Director of Resource Coordination, develop and implement a caller follow-up strategy to accurately assess client experience and identify unmet needs.
35% Practical Support
- Assist the Practical Support Manager in coordinating client needs such as transportation (driving clients to and from appointments), lodging, childcare, etc. The CEC will also support Practical Support volunteers on weekends. BAF offers mileage reimbursement.
15% Funding Abortion
- Assist the Resource Coordination Manager with BAF’s helpline volume, managing a small caseload of callers and providing compassionate and trauma-informed support through intake, case management, and follow-up. The CEC will also support Volunteer Case Managers on weekends.
The Client Engagement Coordinator will demonstrate success through their proficiency in the following competencies:
- Mission & Values Alignment: You bring a strong commitment to abortion access and reproductive healthcare for all, an understanding and appreciation of the barriers to reproductive health, and a passion for removing those barriers.
- Strong Collaborator and Relationship Builder: You are people-centered; you build relationships and facilitate communication that fosters trust, values difference, and furthers BAF’s impact and work.
- Results-Driven Coordination: You bring prior experience implementing or enhancing program infrastructure or processes with one year of experience coordinating people or projects, and yourself.
- Emotional Intelligence: You demonstrate self-awareness, understand the perspectives of others, and approach interpersonal relationships with empathy and compassion.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The starting salary for this position is $52,000, plus robust health, dental, vision, and leave benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
You may submit a traditional resume and cover letter, a video application, or any other form of an application that you believe highlights your qualifications and interests. Candidates are encouraged to apply even without meeting 100% of the role requirement.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis after August 1, 2022.
The Client Engagement Coordinator will be scheduled to work 40 hours a week, Tuesday through Saturday. They must have a valid driver's license, reliable access to a vehicle, and the ability to drive for up to 2-6 hours in a single day.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities.
AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH A COMMITMENT TO JUSTICE
As an organization working in solidarity with the reproductive justice movement, BAF is committed to fostering the leadership and elevating the voices of women, young people, people of color, Native people, immigrant and refugees, low-income people, LGBQ+, and transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people, people who have had abortions, people with disabilities, young parents, people who were formerly imprisoned, people who have received funding for abortions, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We encourage people from these communities to apply.